Meghan Markle could return to acting once Sussexes are back in UK as Duc…
Meghan Markle is reportedly weighing a return to acting with a new UK-based project, driving her family's planned relocation back to Britain.
Meghan Markle's Potential Return to Acting
Meghan Markle could return to acting once she and her family have moved back to the UK. According to reports from yahoo.com and ok.co.uk, the Duchess of Sussex has been offered a role in an upcoming project based in the UK. This new acting project is one of the factors behind Meghan and Prince Harry's decision to relocate their family to Britain, as reported by yahoo.com. The role is said to be significant, and Meghan is very excited about it, according to leadership.ng. Details of the project remain under wraps, but it is believed to be a key part of the puzzle behind the Sussexes' return to the UK. Meghan's acting career has been on hold since her last episode of Suits aired in 2018. She played the role of Rachel Zane, a paralegal, in the US drama for seven seasons. Meghan and Prince Harry are set to move back to the UK with their children, Prince Archie and Princess Lilibet, later this month. The family will be living in a non-royal residence outside of London, and the children have already been enrolled in British schools, as reported by ok.co.uk. The move is not intended to be permanent, and the Sussexes will retain their home in Montecito, California, according to yahoo.com.King Charles's Reaction to the Move
King Charles was made aware of the couple's plans to move back to the UK on Sunday, August 16, as reported by yahoo.com. He is understood to welcome the opportunity to see more of the Sussex family in a private and personal capacity. The King was reunited with his grandchildren for the first time in more than four years in July, when Harry and Meghan returned to the UK with Archie and Lilibet for a visit, according to yahoo.com. The visit included a trip to Highgrove House, the King's private country home, and Althorp House, where Princess Diana spent much of her childhood and is buried. Harry and Meghan also spent time with members of the wider Spencer family and paid their respects at Diana's gravesite on the island in the Oval Lake, as reported by yahoo.com.Security Concerns and Financial Implications
The Sussexes' move back to the UK has raised concerns about publicly funded security costs. The couple's protection was downgraded after they stopped their royal roles in 2020, and they have been paying for their own protection since then, according to ok.co.uk. Prime Minister Andy Burnham has said that the funding for the Sussexes' security is a "private matter", as reported by ok.co.uk.Reactions from the Royal Family and the Public
Prince William and Princess Kate have not reacted publicly to the news of the Sussexes' move. However, a new YouGov poll showed that 33% of people believe the King's youngest son and the former Suits star should not come back, while 45% do not know, according to ok.co.uk. Fewer than a quarter (21%) were in favor of the Sussexes relocating from the US.Meghan's Future Plans and Ventures
Meghan will continue to run her lifestyle brand, As Ever, from the UK. She hopes to expand the global reach of the brand, which was initially backed by Netflix, according to yahoo.com. However, the streaming service stepped down as a backer in March, and Meghan will now be growing the brand independently. Meghan has also been working on her Netflix lifestyle series, With Love, Meghan, which she hosted and executive-produced, as reported by yahoo.com.
Reporting based on coverage by
yahoo.com.
Additional source material:
yahoo.com, ok.co.uk, lbc.co.uk, yahoo.com, leadership.ng, thisisoxfordshire.co.uk.